Middle School Academic Information Technology (IT) Coordinator
August 2001 – July 2005
- Taught all IT courses for grades 5-8, in both MYP and PYP Programs.
- Coordinated the curricular integration of IT for grades 5-8.
- Facilitated use of IT equipment for teachers and students within the natural learning environment.
- Developed Standards of Learning and Skill Benchmarks for each grade level.
- Assisted in creation of school-wide IT plans, policies and lab guidelines for students and teachers.
- Innovations included: Proposing the integration of IT into the core curriculum; Chairing of the Middle School IT Committee; Offering context-based “just in time” professional development to teachers; Creating and maintaining the Middle School IT website; Purchasing IT equipment to promote multimedia as a tool for learning in project-based pedagogy; Leading the Student Tech Team (students assist with website and equipment maintenance, etc.).
- Other Responsibilities included: Supervised MYP Personal Projects; Member of the MYP Curriculum Coordination and Intercultural Awareness Committees; Peer Mediation trainer and supervisor; Led Amnesty International and digital video editing student clubs.
Middle School Information Technology (IT) Intern, grades 5-8
August 2000 – July 2001
- Assisted students and teachers in use of IT in both Middle and Senior Schools.
- Maintained and updated student, teacher, and administrative accounts in network database.