Technology and Learning Coach
August 2010 – Present
- Effectively collaborate with school-wide administration to successfully develop and implement our Connected Learning Community (1:1 program).
- Plan, facilitate and coordinate the development of our Connected Learning Community vision, implementation process, and policies, in collaboration with representatives from all stakeholder groups.
- Develop and share YIS IT/Library Standards in collaboration with stakeholders from all division levels.
- Develop, coordinate and lead educational technology-focused professional development opportunities for teachers at the secondary level on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Develop, coordinate, and collaborate with our team of Technology and Learning Coaches at all three division levels to ensure that the school vision of technology integration is articulated and executed successfully.
- In collaboration with the middle and high school admin team, develop, and then implement, a vision for effectively and continually developing staff expertise in the use of school-wide technology tools, including a variety of models to support the different needs of our teaching staff.
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate a variety of professional development opportunities for educators in the Asia region, hosted at YIS, including multiple EARCOS Weekend Workshops, #beyondlaptops, and COETAIL.
- Highlight the work we are doing at YIS through a variety of methods including social media, presenting at conferences and reflective blogging practice.
- Develop, implement, teach and reflect on the new MYP Design Technology course curriculum.
- Support and facilitate the transition to teacher and student blogs, and Google Apps for Education.
- Continually refine and initiate innovative practices to improve school-home communication, teacher efficiency, and opportunities to deepen student learning, through the use of collaborative technology tools.
- Plan, coordinate and lead monthly Parent Technology and Literacy Coffee Mornings in collaboration with ES Technology and Learning Coach, Middle School Counselor and Secondary Librarian.
- Member of the PD Review Committee
- Member of the Classroom of the Future Committee
- Member of the MYP Steering Committee
- Member of the School Portals Review Committee
- Facilitate the MS Student Tech Team