Social Studies Focus
Start up Activity: Review sample blog, read all linked articles & determine how the requirements were met for the blog posting.
1. Take out current events blog 2006 assignment sheet
2. read requirements for initial posting
3. open blog (mkis6.edublogs.org)
4. read sample events posting
5. read article: Israeli Raid Worries UN
6. read all linked websites
7. EXTRA: determine how we used the requirements to create our posting using only the article as information
Review blog as a class, asking what they learned and pointing out all features of the blog.
Set up Blog
• Set up individual blogs for students (at learnerblogs.org)
• Have student open e-mail before setting up account to make sure e-mail address works.
• Go to learnerblogs.org
• Username: firstname or firstname6
• Blog title: Kim’s Social Studies Blog
• Enter e-mail
• Change password
• Set up blog design
• Record student blog addresses
HW: Post your FIRST BLOG! Answer the question: What have you learned about current events so far this year?