Teaching internationally can be a real adventure. The excitement, enthusiasm and challenge that comes with our everyday experiences are what makes teaching internationally so rewarding. You’re already a risk taker! One of the most exciting ways to take risks in your classroom is to use technology to redefine the way we teach and learn.
The SAMR model of curriculum development highlights 4 phases of growth (between enhancement and transformation): substitution, augmentation, modification, and redefinition. Together with the workshop participants we will explore new ways to move towards transformation in your classroom. From new pedagogical approaches, to effective technology tools, to transferrable skills, and a deeper understanding of digital citizenship, we will use this workshop as another exciting opportunity to take a risk and try something new!
- What does transformative learning look like?
- How can we transform learning for all students?
- How can we use technology tools and skills to redefine the way that students and teachers learn?
- Explore emerging pedagogical approaches, including game based learning, global collaboration, and the flipped classroom.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the SAMR and TPACK models for curriculum development.
- Discover opportunities for embedding digital citizenship within existing units and structures at your school.
- Share and review examples of transformative learning in schools around the world.
- Build technology skills with a variety of transformative tools.
- Apply workshop learning to collaboratively create a unit of work that transforms their classroom.
Agenda & Resources
|8:00 – 8:30||Welcome & Introductions|
|8:30 – 10:30||Session 1: Exploring Innovation & Creativity|
|10:30 – 10:45||Break|
|10:45 – 12:00||Session 2: SAMR & TPACK: Cultivating Innovation|
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 – 2:00||Session 3: SpeedGeeking|
|2:00 – 2:15||Break|
|2:30 – 3:30||Session 4: Getting Practical with SAMR & TPACK|
|3:30 – 4:00||Wrap up|
|8:30 – 9:00||Overview of the Day|
|9:00 – 10:00||Session 5: Designing Transformative Learning Experiences|
|10:00 – 10:15||Break|
|10:15 – 11:30||Session 6: Collaborative Work Time|
|11:30 – 12:30||Lunch|
|12:30 – 2:30||Session 7: Sharing, Feedback & Next Steps|
|2:30 – 3:00||Wrap up & Closing|